Financial support for fostering a child
This financial support is provided to families fostering one or more children, provided that these children are under the age of three at the moment of filing the application for the support
What is the financial support amount?The support is provided as a lump sum in the maximum amount of 398,17 EUR (HRK 3,000.00) per each foster child.
What are the requirements you need to meet to receive the support?
The support is granted based on the relevant documentation which proves that the following requirements are simultaneously met:
- One of the parents and/or the child in the family is a Croatian citizen
- One of the parents and/or the child in the family has permanent residence in the Republic of Croatia
What documentation is required?For the purpose of exercising your right to the support and proving that you meet the aforementioned requirements to be granted the support, you need to submit the following documents:
- a validly filled in and signed application for the support (Documents)
- A photocopy of the current account card (both sides) of the applicant for the support (the bank name, name and surname of the current account holder and IBAN have to be visible)
- A photocopy of the ID card (both sides) of one of the parents in the family
- A certificate from the social welfare centre on the number of foster children under the age of three, which certificate is no more than 30 days old
- An official opinion from the foster parent’s social welfare centre on the equipment the beneficiary needs
- A certificate, offer or pro forma invoice showing the necessary amount of the support.