Financial support for families whose financial situation was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
The Croatia for Children Foundation monitors and adapts to new circumstances. It introduced a new type of support for families whose everyday lives changed due to the COVID-19 pandemic and is called Financial support for families whose financial situation was affected by the COVID-19 pandemic
Who can apply for this type of support?Families in which, due to the unemployment of family members caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, one or more children are exposed to the risk of poverty, economic instability, health risks or risk of social exclusion on grounds of upbringing, education or culture.
What is the financial support amount?The financial support is granted as a lump sum, in the amount of 431,35 EUR (HRK 3,250.00) for families with one child, increased by additional 66,36 EUR (HRK 500.00) for each subsequent child, up to the maximum amount of 1.327,23 EUR (HRK 10,000.00).
What are the requirements you need to meet to receive the support?The support is granted based on the relevant documentation which proves that the following requirements are simultaneously met:
- One of the parents and/or the child in the family is a Croatian citizen
- One of the parents and/or the child in the family has permanent residence in the Republic of Croatia
- The parent/legal guardian of the family is entered in the register of unemployed persons with the Croatian Employment Service at the moment of filing the application for the financial support. Registration in the register of unemployed presons is based on unemployment that occurred as explained in the next paragraph.
- The parent/legal guardian of the family became unemployed in March 2020 or after March 2020 due to the consequences of the COVID-19 pandemic
- The unemployed parent/legal guardian of the family does not receive the unemployment benefit; that is, the unemployment benefit which the parent/legal guardian receives does not exceed the net amount of 431,35 EUR (HRK 3,250.00).
What documentation is required?For the purpose of exercising your right to the support and proving that you meet the aforementioned requirements to be granted the support, you need to submit the following documents:
- a validly filled in and signed application for the support (Documents)
- A photocopy of the current account card (both sides) of the applicant for the support (the bank name, name and surname of the current account holder and IBAN have to be visible)
- A photocopy of the ID card (both sides) of one of the parents in the family
- A photocopy of the birth certificates or ID cards (both sides) or electronic records from the e-Citizens birth register for all of the children in the family (underage and adult)
- A Statement on household members signed in one’s own handwriting (Statement)
- A Statement of the former employer that the dismissal was due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- Proof that one or both parents were entered in the register of unemployed persons with the Croatian Employment Service at the moment of filing the application for the financial support
- A certificate issued by the Croatian Employment Service that person is entered in the register of unemployed persons; that is, a certificate on the unemployment benefit (proof that the unemployed parent / legal guardian from the family does not receive unemployment benefit in the amount of more than 431,35 EUR (HRK 3,250.00)).
- Other relevant documentation proving an exceptionally difficult financial situation.