Financial support for gifted children
Families with one or more children may apply for the support if one or more children are giftedPursuant to the Rules of the Foundation, being gifted means that a child possesses a set of characteristics and abilities with which it achieves above-average results in one or several areas of human activity, such as intellectual abilities, abilities in scientific and professional fields, creative abilities in certain artistic disciplines, psychomotor ability—skills and abilities necessary for sports, and promotes the Republic of Croatia with its achievements. An above-average results means winning the first, second or third place in an international competition between individuals, for example, in the area of knowledge and innovation, sports, art, etc.
What are the purposes for which the support may be used?
There are five subtypes of this support depending on the purpose for which it may be applied for.
The subtypes of this support are as follows:
- To procure books, equipment, a computer, instruments or other things necessary for the development of the child’s gift
- To cover the costs of publishing the child’s work (a book, CD; collection of works, etc.)
- For education and further training for the purpose of development of the child’s gift in the territory of the Republic of Croatia
- To cover the costs of travel and accommodation outside the place of permanent residence when this is necessary for the child’s education/further training or to take part in a knowledge, sports or art competition
- In any other case in which, pursuant to the assessment of the Commission, it is necessary and/or beneficial to grant the financial support.
What is the financial support amount?The support is awarded in the amount of up to 3.318,07 EUR per individual application for the support.
What are the requirements you need to meet to receive the support?
The support is granted based on the relevant documentation which proves that the following requirements are simultaneously met:
- One of the parents and/or the child in the family is a Croatian citizen
- One of the parents and/or the child in the family has permanent residence in the Republic of Croatia
- The average monthly income per member of the shared household generated in the previous calendar year and in the last three months which can be proved) in the current calendar year prior to filing the application for the support did not exceed 309,01 EUR
- Neither the family nor the child from that family was granted or used the same or similar support; that is, the right to it from another legal and/or natural person.
What documentation is required?For the purpose of exercising your right to the support and proving that you meet the aforementioned requirements to be granted the support, you need to submit the following documents:
- a validly filled in and signed application for the support (Documents)
- A photocopy of the current account card (both sides) of the applicant for the support (the bank name, name and surname of the current account holder and IBAN have to be visible)
- A photocopy of the ID card (both sides) of one of the parents in the family
- A photocopy of the birth certificates or ID cards (both sides) or electronic records from the e-Citizens birth register for all of the children in the family (underage and adult)
- A statement on household members signed in one’s own handwriting (Statement)
- A photocopy of a certificate of income and receipts for the previous calendar year and the last three months of the current calendar year issued by the competent Tax Administration branch for all members of the shared household over the age of 15
- A photocopy of proof of the child being gifted (a certificate/recommendation from the competent education institution and/or authorised expert)
- A photocopy of proof of the result achieved in an international competition between individuals
- A statement on (not) being a beneficiary of the same or similar support (Statement
- A certificate, offer or pro forma invoice showing the necessary amount of the support.