A loan for the purchase of a flat or house may amount to a maximum of HRK 6,000 (applicable standard construction price) per square meter, while for other types of loans the amount will be determined by an expert committeeFor the purchase of a flat or house and for the construction of a house and the difference in surface area, the amount of the loan is HRK 6,000 per square meter of a standard flat.
Therefore, the loan amount (K) is determined as the product of the applicable standard construction price (E) and the corresponding surface area of the flat (P) by using the following formula:
K=E (HRK 6,000) x P in HRK equivalent.
The amount of a housing loan for the purchase of a house or flat you arrange yourself is determined in accordance with the preliminary purchase and sale agreement, up to HRK 6,000 per square meter of the appropriate surface area.
Loan amount reductionThe amount of the loan for the purchase of a flat within the scope of an organised construction project will be reduced by 30 percent if these flats are being constructed in areas of special state concern or in settlements with less than 20,000 inhabitants (according to the 2001 census) and in settlements with more than 20,000 inhabitants if, according to the statement issued by the tax administration, market prices of newly built flats are less than the applicable standard price of construction per square meter at the time of the housing loan for the purchase of a flat within the scope of an organised construction project was granted.
If the flat or house is older than 15 years, the loan amount will be reduced by an additional 20 percent.
If it is established that the allocated flat (house) previously used by another person requires significant funds to make it fit for housing, the amount of the housing loan for the purchase of such a flat will be reduced by an additional 15 percent.
Continuation of construction and completion of the family houseThis loan is approved for the appropriate surface area according to the minutes of the expert committee, and in accordance with the category of required works for:
- the final stage of construction of the building (purchase and installation of sanitary facilities, fittings, lighting fixtures, laying floor coverings, installation of heating devices and similar works) in the amount of EUR 150 per square meter of residential surface area
- stage of completion of the building from the shell stage to the final completion of the building (works under category A, treatment of surfaces, walls and ceilings, installation of interior joinery and installation distribution without main lines) in the amount of EUR 270 per square meter of residential surface area
- stage of completion of the building from building the structure to the final completion of the building (works under category B and the execution of the complete distribution of all installations, partition walls and exterior carpentry) in the amount of EUR 400 per square meter of residential surface area.
Improvement of housing conditionsThe loan for the improvement of housing conditions is approved for the appropriate surface area of the flat according to the minutes of the expert committee in accordance with the category of required works for:
- renovation of works in the final stage of construction (painting of carpentry and walls, changing a segment of ceramic tiles, parquet floor sanding and varnishing, replacing parts of fittings and replacing parts of lighting fixtures) per square meter of residential surface area, in the amount of EUR 110
- partial renovation of artisan works on the building (works under category A and external carpentry replacement works, replacement of sheet metal parts, replacement of roofing parts, replacement of floor parts, and similar works) per square meter of residential surface area, in the amount of EUR 170
- renovation of artisan works on the building (works under category B, and renovation of wall cladding, renovation of interior carpentry, replacement of complete sheet metal, renovation of the façade, renovation of roofing, and similar works) per square meter of residential surface area, in the amount of EUR 280.
If your house or flat has been partially renovated, you are entitled to a housing loan to improve your housing conditions. The prerequisite for this is that you have applied for a one-time financial aid for the difference in technical construction and equipment level, or for the difference in surface area, by 12 December 2002, and that no decision has yet been adopted with regard to your application.
The amount of housing loan to improve housing conditions will be determined after the expert committee establishes the facts.
ExceptionsIf you have a family house that is not habitable, i.e. a house under construction, you may be granted a housing loan to continue the construction and complete the house or a loan to improve housing conditions.
Before making a decision on granting a housing loan, the expert committee will inspect certain elements and parts of the construction works on the family house for which you are requesting a housing loan.
If you own a flat or house of unsuitable surface area, you may be granted a housing loan in the amount that is the product of the difference between the surface area of the owned flat and the corresponding flat, and the construction price if the difference is more than six square meters.
If you purchased the flat under the Act on Croatian Homeland War Veterans and their Family Members, you may get a loan for the difference between the surface area that belonged to you at the time the flat was allocated.