Co-financing of sports associations
Find out what possibilities are available in 2020 for co-financing of sports programmes aimed at promoting sports and sports competitions on the local level, as well as for co-financing of sports programmes related to providing training to non-swimmersThe Ministry of Tourism and Sports, in accordance with the state budget appropriations, publishes once a year a call for proposals for co-financing of sports programmes aimed at promoting sports and sports competitions on the local level. The main objectives of the call are to enable as many children, young people and other members of society to engage in daily organised physical activity that will contribute to the preservation and improvement of physical and mental fitness and health by creating conditions for practising sports in the entire Republic of Croatia.
Eligible applicants are:
- all those who meet the requirements set out in the call
- all those who will provide other sources of funding as well
- all those who offer specialised programmes that meet the requirements of the programme area for which they are applying.
An applicant can apply for only one programme area of the call, and submit only one programme proposal.
Programme areas of the call are the following:
1) Promoting programmes related to practising amateur sports and sports recreation
2) Promoting programmes for organising sports competitions and participating in international sports competitions
3) Promoting programmes related to providing training to non-swimmers
4) Promoting programmes for organising international sports conferences.
The programmes are implemented exclusively in the territory of the Republic of Croatia, with the exception of programme area no. 2, the scope of which covers co-financing of programmes for the participation of athletes in international sports competitions that are conducted within and outside the Republic of Croatia.
The call is open to legal persons from the sports system – an association established in accordance with the Act on Associations (Official Gazette 74/14) and the Sports Act (Official Gazette 71/06, 124/13, 124/13, 86/12, 94/13, 85/15).
In order to be eligible, the association must meet the following general requirements:
- the association has been entered in the Register of Associations of the Republic of Croatia and has been operating in the territory of the Republic of Croatia for at least one year before the day of the publication of the call for proposals in the area of activities for which it is submitting its proposal
- the association has been entered in the Register of Non-Profit Organisations kept by the Ministry of Finance, and conducts transparent financial operations in accordance with the regulations on non-profit accounting
- the association has been entered in the Register of Sports Activities
- the association has aligned its statute with Article 55(1) of the Act on Associations (Official Gazette 74/14)
- the association acts in a targeted manner and according to its registered activities in the area of activities for which it is submitting its proposal
- the association fulfils, in a timely manner and in their entirety, the contractual obligations assumed on the basis of previous grant agreements with the Ministry of Tourism and Sports and all other providers of funds from public sources
- the association has the material and human resources to implement the proposed programme
- no criminal proceedings are instituted against a responsible person in the association
- the association duly fulfils its obligations regarding the payment of contributions for pension and health insurance, as well as its obligations regarding the payment of taxes and other charges towards the state budget and the budgets of local self-government units
- the association will provide funds for the co-financing of the proposed programme from other sources
- the association offers specialised programmes that meet the requirements of the programme area for which it is applying
- the association has not in this calendar year received funding from the Ministry of Tourism and Sports for the purpose of co-financing the programme being submitted under the call.
The Ministry of Tourism and Sports co-finances programmes by covering up to 80% of eligible costs of the value of the submitted programme. Applicants are required to provide the rest of the funds necessary for the implementation of the programme from other sources. The minimum amount of co-financing per programme that the applicant can arrange is HRK 10,000.00, and the maximum amount is HRK 120,000.00