Personal data concerning health
Your personal data concerning health can only be used by the physician of your choice, who is required to make it available to you, state administration bodies in accordance with special regulations, the Croatian Medical Chamber and the judiciary if requested to do soPersonal data concerning health is considered a special category of personal data the processing of which is, in principle, prohibited.
Your personal data concerning health can only be used by the physician of your choice, who is required to make it available to you, state administration bodies in accordance with special regulations, the Croatian Medical Chamber and the judiciary if requested to do so.
Such data may exceptionally be collected and then processed if:
- You have given your explicit consent to the processing of those personal data for one or more specified purposes,
- Processing is necessary for the purposes of preventive or occupational medicine, for the assessment of the working capacity of the employee, medical diagnosis, the provision of health or social welfare services or treatment or the management of health or social welfare systems and services,
- Processing is necessary to protect your vital interests of or another natural person’s vital interests, where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent,
- Processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or whenever courts are acting in their judicial capacity,
- Processing is necessary for reasons of public interest in the area of public health, such as protecting against serious cross-border threats to health or ensuring high standards of quality and safety of health care and of medicinal products or medical devices.
Making the records availableYour physician is required to keep accurate, detailed and dated medical records.
If requested to do so, the physician is required to make it available to:
- You as the patient,
- Ministry competent for health,
- State administration bodies in accordance with special regulations,
- Croatian Medical Chamber,
Protection measuresThe physician or other responsible person providing health care services is required to preserve the data about outpatient treatment of patients for 10 years after the end of treatment and protect the data from unauthorised changes, premature destruction or unauthorised use.
With the help of the Central Information System for Primary Health Care (CISPHC), your identification data is separated from data concerning your health. What is more, data concerning your health can only be used by the physician of your choice, and only if they use their own smart card (a card with an integrated chip issued by the competent institution) and enter their own PIN.