Establishment of Arts Organizations
Arts organizations are established by artists, and the name of any such organization shall contain the artistic domain and form of activityArts organizations are non-profit legal entities and can only perform the activity for which they are registered, such as theatre, music, film, etc. They are established by artists, and the establishment process is regulated by the Act on the Rights of Independent Artists and the Promotion of Cultural and Artistic Production.
The name of the arts organization shall contain a more detailed designation of the artistic domain and form of activity (theatre company, ensemble, arts workshop, atelier, studio, multimedia workshop, etc.), as well as any other designations and information distinguishing the organization in question.
The arts organization acquires legal personality and initiates its activities by registering in the Registry of Arts Organizations of the Ministry of Culture and Media.
Application for registration in the RegistryThe decision on the registration of an arts organization in the Registry of Arts Organizations is made by the Ministry of Culture and Media at the request of the founder.
The following shall be enclosed with the application for registration:
- the Decision on the Establishment of the Arts Organization
- the Articles of Association
- the list of founders and members, and their personal data (full name, address and Croatian Personal ID Number) and a certificate issued by the relevant artistic professional association verifying that those persons are artists, and signatures certified by a notary public
- the list of persons authorized to represent the arts organization.
- information on the founders and members of the arts organization
- name and registered office of the arts organization
- the artistic domain in which it will operate
- basic provisions on the manner of performing its activities
- the signatures of the founders.