Registration of Motor Vehicles for Croatian Repatriates
The authorisation for the registration of vehicles used abroad by repatriates is issued by the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and InfrastructureVehicles of Croatian nationals who returned from abroad for good can participate in traffic only if registered in Croatia.
Croatian nationals, repatriates coming from abroad, who wish to register vehicles they used in countries from which they are returning, do not have to have vehicle devices and equipment approved in accordance with the ECE regulations in Croatia.
Authorisation of RegistrationAuthorisation for registering these vehicles is issued by the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure, the Road Traffic, Road Infrastructure and Inspection Directorate, Prisavlje 14, 10000 Zagreb.
The request for issuing the authorisation shall be sent to the above address with the following attachments:
- Applicant data (full name, address and contact phone/mobile)
- Applicant PIN (personal identification number)
- Copy of a decision on the return issued by the relevant Croatian embassy or consulate
- Copy of the vehicle registration certificate from the country from which they are returning
- Copy of the Single Administrative Document
At the request of the owner and based on an identification document from the Croatian Oldtimer Association, the Ministry of the Sea, Transport and Infrastructure can also authorise an exemption for vehicles older than 30 years registered for the first time in Croatia.