Changing of Personal Documents
If you have changed your address of permanent residence or your first or last name, you are required to change an identity card within 15 daysA person who possesses an identity card shall submit an application for the issuance of a new identity card in the following cases:
- if the applicant’s personal information has changed, such as their personal name, personal identification number, date of birth or address of permanent residence in Croatia
- if the photograph on the identity card no longer corresponds to the person’s appearance
- if the identity card’s validity period has expired
- if the identity card has been damaged in such a manner that visual or machine readability of the information written on the surface or stored in the data carrier is difficult or not possible, if it has been partially or completely twisted or no longer serves its purpose for any other reason.
If the personal information changes involve changes to personal name or personal identification number, the applicant is required to request revocation or suspension of their certificates within two days after the change came into force.
When such circumstances occur, the identity card becomes invalid and the person is required to submit an application for the issuance of a new identity card within 15 days after these circumstances occurred.
A citizen may not use their passport in the following cases:
- if their personal information changed
- if the passport has been damaged or worn out, thus not serving its purpose
- if the photograph does not correspond to the citizen’s appearance
- if the passport stopped serving its purpose for any reason.
Personal information changes entail changes to first or last name, personal identification number, gender or modifications to the date and place of birth.
Issuing a New Identity CardThe following is required when submitting applications for the issuance of an identity card:
- make a payment depending on the selected issuance procedure and enclose proof of payment (when paying via online banking, proof of payment should be printed out and enclosed together with the application)
- present their identity card or other public document that can be used to verify the applicant’s identity and Croatian citizenship (public document with photograph; the identity of children who do not possess identification documents shall be verified by their parents through a statement)
- enclose a 3.5 x 4.5 cm colour photograph
- sign an Agreement for the Provision of Certification Services.
By way of derogation, a photograph is not required if the applicant was issued a passport or PIN-bearing identity card within the last 5 years, if their appearance does not significantly differ from the previously submitted photograph.
When changing identity cards, the previously used identity card shall be returned and annulled.
Issuing of a New PassportThe following documents shall be enclosed for the purpose of issuing a passport:
- identity card or other document that can be used to verify identity
- proof of payment made to the State Budget in the following amounts:
- 42,47 EUR (HRK 320) (fixed conversion rate 7,53450) for biometric passport issued through regular procedure or
- 46,45 EUR (HRK 350) (fixed conversion rate 7,53450) for biometric passport issued through regular procedure which is, upon request, delivered to the address of the applicant’s permanent or temporary residence or
- 54,42 EUR (HRK 410) (fixed conversion rate 7,53450) for biometric passport issued through emergency procedure at the Zagreb Police Department, or 61,72 EUR - HRK 465 (fixed conversion rate 7,53450) for biometric passport issued through emergency procedure at any other police department
- the fee for issuing a passport can be paid via post, FINA, commercial bank or online banking. The payment shall be made to the account of the State Budget of the Republic of Croatia, IBAN: HR1210010051863000160, containing the reference “Passport” and model HR65 7005-434-PIN (insert PIN of the person in whose name the passport is being issued)
- one photograph 35 x 45 mm (the photographer should be notified that the photograph is being taken for biometric passport purposes)
- previous travel document, which would be returned and annulled.
Exceptionally, in the first two weeks after the introduction of the Euro, from 1 to 14 January (including that day), for the purpose of easier adjustment, cash payments both in HRK and EUR will be accepted.