The service makes it possible for legal and natural persons (sole traders) to submit an application for opening a new driving school or for changing the data already entered into the register of driving schoolsThe service makes it possible for legal persons and sole traders to submit the applications for the following:
- opening a new driving school
The authorisation is issued in line with the Ordinance on minimum standards for the operation of driving schools, and it cannot be transferred to other entities.
In order to train candidate drivers and to be issued with a certificate, a driving school is required to have:
- a driving instructor, a manager and a lecturer for teaching Traffic Regulations and Safety Rules who can also train candidate drivers as driving instructors,
- duly equipped classroom, office premises for the reception of candidate drivers and for the work of the driving school manager,
- duly equipped and marked training ground for training candidate drivers for those vehicle categories that the driving school is authorised for, of at least 510 m2 (at least 60 metres in length and 8.5 metres in width), which is no more than 10 km by road from the driving school, and support facilities which allow for continued training of candidate drivers and performing of activities, either owned or rented,
- at least one roadworthy vehicle for each category for which training is performed, either owned, leased or rented, equipped for teaching candidate drivers in categories AM, A1, A2, A and B, and not older than 10 years, a trailer not older than 20 years, and vehicles in other categories not older than 15 years.
- teaching tools and aids, IT equipment and program for teaching Traffic Regulations and Safety Rules, as well as computer equipment for networking with the authorised professional organisation.
- category supplementation
- category cancellation
- changing the seat of the legal or natural person (sole trader)
- changing the seat of the driving school
- changing the office, classroom or training ground
- changing the name of the legal person or driving school
- changing the street name or house number
- removal from the register of driving schools
The procedure for applications under numbers 2 to 9 is the same as when opening a new driving school but the documents are only examined and compared with regard to the circumstances related to what is being requested. In other words, based on the application, the Ministry will request an authorised professional organisation to carry out inspection in order to examine the prescribed minimum standards that the applicant has to meet. After carrying out a direct inspection and establishing that the driving school has met all the prescribed minimum standards, the Ministry will issue an authorisation to the applicant and enter the driving school into the register of driving schools.
Please see the link for documents to be submitted with each particular application.
Documents to be submitted with the application for the issuance of the authorisation for opening a driving school