Replacing a Driving Licence
If you own a driving licence issued in an EEA Member State or a third country, in both cases the request form is filled by a clerk at the counter, and you have to sign it to confirm the accuracy of the printed dataThe driving licence is issued without having to take any additional tests, and you have to attach the following to the request:
- Driving licence issued in an EEA Member State/third country;
- Translation of a driving licence issued in a third country if it is impossible to determine for which categories it can be replaced or if it is valid, i.e. if it expired more than six months ago (applies only to driving licences issued in a third country);
- Medical certificate for operating a vehicle, less than six months old (applies only to driving licences issued in a third country);
- One 35x45 mm* photo (see Driving licence – general information);
- Proof of payment of HRK 151.00 or HRK 181.00 if the driving licence is to be delivered to the driver’s address (regular procedure), HRK 200.00 (expedited procedure), HRK 450.00 (urgent procedure) for the driving licence form.
If you do not submit this certificate, in case the driving licence issued in an EEA Member State/third country does not have a date of issue, the date of issue of the driving licence in the EEA Member State/third country or the date of its issue in Croatia shall be registered as the date of the first issue for each category.
You can use the driving licence issued in an EEA Member State for operating a road vehicle as long as it is valid, i.e. until it expires. The driving licence does not have to be replaced with a Croatian one, even if a EEA Member State issued you a driving licence based on a driving licence issued in a third country. You can use a valid driving licence issued in a third country for operating a road vehicle for up to a year from entering Croatia, after which you have to replace it with a Croatian driving licence. If, at the time of submitting a request for issuing a Croatian driving licence, the driving licence issued in a third country has been expired for more than six months, you cannot replace it for a Croatian driving licence – in that case, you have to take the driving test in Croatia.